Get a Medical Marijuana Card Online
Medical marijuana is now widely accepted as an alternative drug for some illness or symptoms of illness. In fact, 14 states in the US have legalized the use of medical marijuana. In these 14 states, you are allowed to buy your supply of medical marijuana as long as you have a medical marijuana card. Now the question is what are the requirements so you can get a medical marijuana card? What are the steps that need to be followed in getting a medical marijuana card? And lastly, how long do I have to wait to get a medical marijuana card?
If you are one of the people who have these questions, then read on to know more on how to get medical marijuana card.
The first step that you must do to get medical marijuana card is to be sure that you are a resident in one of the 14 states in the US that recognizes the legal use of medical marijuana. If you do not reside in one of the 14 states, then stop reading this or go ahead and move to one of the 14 states.
Prepare the documents that you would need which are:
- An ID issued by the government. A driver’s license is preferable as it also contains the name of the state that you live in. An ID with your social security or passport will also do just fine.
- If a driver’s license is not available, then provide a different paper that proves your residency. It can be the most recent receipt you have for paying mortgage. It must be under your name.
- A recommendation letter from your doctor. This would prove that you do have a legitimate medical condition and that using medical marijuana will be beneficial to your health. Personal or recreational purposes are not allowed. Without a recommendation letter from a doctor, you will not be able to get medical marijuana card.
- Prepare an amount of money your county health department requires for the fee.
- For minors, you need to bring your birth certificate along with a parental consent letter as an additional requirement to qualify for an application.
When you have completed all the requirements, you can then proceed to your county health department. Give them all your requirements and they will give you a form for you to fill up.
Now, all you have to do is wait for a month to get your medical marijuana card. Once you have it, you can then start buying your marijuana legally in any dispensary near you.